[jhb_airlines] BE350 King air

  • From: "F FISHER" <ffisher991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 17:03:07 +0100

Engines shut down seconds after loading.

Spent some time this afternoon with this problem.

The check list tells me Ctrl+Shift+F1 to close mixture. Or close the manual levers.

But neglects to state Ctrl+Shift+F3 to open mixture for starting.(enrich). Opening levers makes no difference for starting.

Thi is regardless of the onscreen lever positions (once started, the lever positions corresponds to manual input)

The startup procedure is different for both 2D mode and 3D mode(virtual cockpit) for FS9.

For FS9
   2D
Enrich mixture, use starter switches, right first. Hold untill starting. Turn on generators
   3D
Enrich mixture, Ctrl+E then1, then CTRL+E and hold until starting. Turn on generators. (The starter switches will not stay down, they bounce.)

It is possible I have a keyboard problem there, will have to replace the mini USB with the original full size PS keyboard, not a fan of USB keyboards, but the mini sits on top of the yoke nicely.

For FSX
   2D
No visible starter switches, no visible generator switches. use same sequence for FS9 3D, jennies are on.
   3D
Same sequence as for FS9 3D.

I have done a lot of sweating and swearing to get this far, and my startup success rate is improving, as is my time to startup.

If anyone has any worthwhile comments or suggestions to improve this, I am willing to listen.

At least I know that it is not a hardware problem, and have made the necessary adjustment to the checklist.

As far as Jets are concerned, Ctrl+E does the job.For payware aircraft, it will be different. But then I do not have many of those. (2 actually, and they are not loaded)

I can only go by what I have on my panels.

Incidently.

www.freechecklists.net has a large collection of FS checklists for down load, apart from the default offering.

Sorry for long dissertion, but it might help someone else.