[jhb_airlines] Re: B747-400

  • From: "Franklyn Fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 20:22:18 -0000

Gerry

After a lot of looking around, and printing of manuals. I thinkI have got it.

Zero trim seems to be the way to go, haul back on the stick to 10 degrees with full throttle, THEN trim for climb, may need to ease the gas back to maintain 250kts. 350kts from FL100 to FL250 then Mach 0.83. This keeps the NI at 89%

Also 5 degrees of flaps as well, I had too much.

Had a go this afternoon and easily climbed up the cruise of FL350, it seems that asking for FL400 (ceiling is FL470) screws it up.

Printed out the user manual for the A380, and the B747 tuts from FSX. And used that.

Will have another go at the trans-atlantic tommorrow morning.

Query-the A380 comes with the Abacus FMC, any problem porting it to any other craft, would mean I suspect altering the relevent Panel.cfg. Some thing else I find a black art.