[jhb_airlines] Re: B350

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:48:34 +0100

"I will give that try, but those idents are quite meaty, you need a hefty
push to get over them."

Welcome to real life. There's a good reason the indents are difficult to get
over - you don't want to get into reverse by accident.

A brand new Commander 680 was delivered to FlightLine at Dublin and all the
charter pilots were being checked out on it. The second pilot doing the
conversion had completed the general handling and was in the circuit. On his
first approach he crossed the threshold and pulled the power levers straight
back into reverse. The aircraft stopped as if it had hit a brick wall an
dropped 40ft onto the runway - it was a complete write off and only two days
old. Luckily only minor injuries were sustained but the pilot was sacked on
the spot.

http://woodair.net