[jhb_airlines] Re: B350

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:33:06 +0100

I know that and I admire the pilots who do things properly. I'm not having a
bash at pilots though and I'm sorry if it came out like that.

What I am trying to say is that FS doesn't differentiate between a good
pilot and a bad one. In other words there isn't a further learning curve to
fly by the book and, sadly, there's no incentive either other than personal
satisfaction that you are doing it correctly.

If the simulation noted the number of times an engine got overtorqued or you
leaned to far back on the mixture in a piston and then failed an engine
another 20 or 50 hours down the line then it would instil a greater respect
for engine management. Not only that but you would feel a greater sense of
satisfaction for doing things right. The limitation is in FS - not with the
pilots.

http://woodair.net