[jhb_airlines] Re: B350

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:09:27 +0100

Yes, they are quite different.

One single Saitek quadrant will only provide controls for a single prop, or a twin jet. To get flexibillity across types you really need a pair; which I illogically acquired...

OTOH they are really well made and have a very nice feel to them. The graduated positions agree exactly with FSX's reading of them, via the Percent Thrust gage wot I made.

Reports on the Saitek yoke are also excellent but I've got used to my button assignments on my ageing CH Yoke, so I'm too lazy to upgrade.

Looks like you are at a disadvantage here. The Go Flight throttle unit has
its own setup utility and I can switch from piston to turboprop to jet
assignments with a single click. Not only that but it provides options for
1, 2, 3 or four engine operation.

http://woodair.net