[jhb_airlines] Re: B350

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 19:48:31 +0100

It's NOT a mixture lever Frank. Mixture levers only exist on pistons. It's a
Condition lever and it's not got anything to do with fuel flow. It only has
High Idle (used for reverse thrust) Low Idle (used for everything else) and
Cut Off positions. You can waggle it about all you want in flight but it
won't do anything.

Fuel flow on a turboprop is automatically metered and controlled by Power
and Prop levers settings. If you are burning too much fuel it's because you
are using the wrong Power or Prop values.

As I've said before a turboprop is a JET engine and it works exactly the
same way. Jets don't have mixture either.

http://woodair.net