[jhb_airlines] Re: B350

  • From: "F FISHER" <ffisher991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 19:21:43 +0100

This is why I am altering the FSC database to suit.

The B350 has 3 sets of levers all Black

My physical layout is the Saitek Yoke with twin throttles, 3 levers on each(Black Blue and Red)

The mixture lever(Red) alters the fuel flow not by much but is around 5, I alter the power and condition levers to keep under the red line at about 75%. Closing the Mixture lever completely, cuts the engines.

I bring the mix control down during the climb to 25% at FL100

Max climb is about 160, and cruise 210, totally different to the FSC database. With a tail wind, this will go up to about 230, at FL150.

FSC bases it flight time and distance according to it's database which to my mind is not accurate.Someone needs to do some research.

I have yet to find an FS aircraft that performs to stated spec.As far as FSC is concerned anyway.

Even in formation, I have to max the power to match other online flyers. But that is another issue.

The other issue I have to sort out is the v.high taxi speed, but I think this is something to do with the condition lever, normally keeping the speed down with the brakes and also steering with the brakes.

I like the aircraft, but do need to learn how to use it to best advantage.