[jhb_airlines] Re: B350

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:22:09 +0100

What would be interesting is for several pilots to fly an identical route
using identical values and then compare times and fuel burn afterwards. For
this to work everyone would have to start off with the same fuel load and
pax load so that AUW is identical and fly an identical route. Differences
would then show up purely through handling and engine management.

To get up to FL250 for a reasonable time a sector length of about 300nm
would be about right -just over an hour's flight. An example would be
Southampton to Campbeltown via BCN WAL IOM and BLACA. As I don't have FS
running I can't suggest nominal power settings but Condition levers should
be at Flight Idle and Props at 1700rpm. Ideally power should be set to
produce a TAS of 250kts which would probably be about 170kts IAS.

http://woodair.net