[jhb_airlines] Re: Aztec panel

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:45:19 +0100

I jest. Unless you'd like a passing opinion, I can wait until you've finished.

My efforts on gauge design have ground to a halt. Even if unzipping a .cab file to an empty folder, I'm asked if I wish to replace the existing version. I'll try a reinstal of Cabarc.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx

Bones wrote:

You are indeed right - it really is a matter of personal gratification. It's
the first time ever in FS that we can actually get at gauge manipulation so
the temptation to really is strong to make a panel as close to reality as
possible.

It's daft I know but even the Suction gauge used by Fred is not quite the
same as in G-CALL and so I get an urge to replace the bitmap. As his are old
GAU files it also means I have to write the XML code but that really is a
doddle for passive instruments. Trouble here is that I'm tempted to get the
two red lights operational to show that suction for either engine has
failed.

I could send you the panel right now but you would have to put up with its
incomplete state. I think the errors would be:

1. No radios work so you'd have to use your Go Flight units for these.
2. No HSI as I have used the FSD Panther Navajo for now (you could
substitute)
3. Same for the EGT gauge.
4. Fuel tank selector only goes from off to right aux - I don't know why
yet. Leave alone.
5. Flap lever bitmap is weird but flaps work OK.
6. Magnetos for Eng1 and Eng2 work differently because I'm still playing
with code. I suspect you can't have two mag switches for each engine but am
still playing. These can be overridden by the usual M++

All the rest seem to work OK.

The zip is 900k if you want it.