[jhb_airlines] Re: Avro Lancaster

  • From: Alastair McIntyre <algy.mcintyre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:56:38 +0000

Hi Thomas

Downloaded the Lanc from the under noted site.

Assuming it's the same one, managed to start and re-start the engines without any problems (ctrl + E).

First the two port engines and then the two starboard.

I noted that it uses the default DC3 panel.

It would appear that Avsim and Flightsim.com both have quite a few Lancs listed.

Have you tried downloading any of them?

Perhaps they may also come with a more suitable panel that you could 'alias' your Lanc panel to.

Cheers

Alastair

I have recently obtained a 1943 Avro Lancaster marked "P for Popsie" flown by Flt Lt Martin DFC and carrying an "upkeep bomb" attached to the undercarriage. Can anyone tell me how to start the engines, I have tried ctrl+e with the following results and in the following sequence. Port outer runs up to full power and then shuts down followed by port inner, starboard inner and finally starboard outer. I can find no other info on how to start the engines.
This aircraft was obtained from www.transloadairlines.com
Regards
Thomas