[jhb_airlines] Re: Autopilot Help Please

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 12:47:57 EST

In a message dated 04/11/2006 16:05:42 GMT Standard Time, Alex@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:

Yes  there are Autospoiler systems and Auto Airbrake systems which
automatically  deploy on landing, The BAe 146 and Fokker 100 I mentioned has
these
modelled.  On the BAe 146 these retract automatically on reaching 40kts, on the
earlier  versions of the Fokker they were programmed to retract only when the
aircraft  actually stopped, which I think Is an inaccuracy as they retract on
the
real  model at 35kts if my memory serves.

Alex,

Thanks for your answer regarding the AP, I think I'll stick to the simple
approach (sorry, no pun intended!)

Sorry, I didn't put the question about the spoilers and airbrakes very  well,
I was concerned about losing too much speed while in the air - does  anything
stop this happening?

Frank T.