[jhb_airlines] Re: Autopilot Help Please

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 19:50:49 -0000

Stick shaker? <vbg>

From: jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 04 November 2006 17:48
To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jhb_airlines] Re: Autopilot Help Please

In a message dated 04/11/2006 16:05:42 GMT Standard Time, Alex@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:

Yes there are Autospoiler systems and Auto Airbrake systems which
automatically deploy on landing, The BAe 146 and Fokker 100 I mentioned has
these modelled. On the BAe 146 these retract automatically on reaching
40kts, on the earlier versions of the Fokker they were programmed to retract
only when the aircraft actually stopped, which I think Is an inaccuracy as
they retract on the real model at 35kts if my memory serves.

Alex,

Thanks for your answer regarding the AP, I think I'll stick to the simple
approach (sorry, no pun intended!)

Sorry, I didn't put the question about the spoilers and airbrakes very well,
I was concerned about losing too much speed while in the air - does anything
stop this happening?

Frank T.