[jhb_airlines] Re: Autopilot Help Please

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 14:22:57 EST

In a message dated 04/11/2006 18:49:42 GMT Standard Time, bones@xxxxxxx
writes:

Sorry for the slow reply Frank - been  ripping this PC to pieces today to get
at a failed Northbridge  fan..

Thanks Bones, I will print out your reply and refer to it while I program
the AP switching. The bit about leaving the YD on, even when you change planes,

could lead to problems. I intend to have a YD switch anyway, which should
resolve this if it ever happens.

I do recall problems with the AP giving priority to a too ambitious climb
rate leading to stalls, I don't think I can fix this with a gauge as I'm
assuming its part of the FS functions. I must make a note to test this in  FSX.
recall getting around it previously by editing the default climb rates  in the
?aircraft.cfg? file.

I did some more work on the AP today and I now have another question I'm
afraid. I'm confused as to the difference between Autothrottle and Airspeed
Hold. I think that you cannot have an Airspeed Hold without an Autothrottle,
but
why have 2 variables? Or is this down to the different AP types?

Frank T.