[jhb_airlines] Re: Autopilot Help Please

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 09:11 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Frank,
You may be reassured to know that as a 400 hour PPL who has no interest in
heavy metal at all - I
don't know the answer to most of those questions either <g>  The flight
director one has always
puzzled me particularly - I couldn't see an advantage for it.  On the other
hand, an RMI is a
significnt improvement on the ADF.  (It gives you your track to the nearest
thunderstorm! <g>)

Careful with your power, mixture etc.  If you express power as % then however
many engines you have
75% power is still 75% power.  Developed HP though will increase with engine
numbers, but I suspect
nowhere near double.  mathematics has a strange habit of using the root mean
square for this sort of
elastic medium activity, and i wouldn't be surprised at all if the power output
from two engines was
root 2 (1.414) times the power from one.

<The shout of "Boooonnneeessss...." echoed down the ivy drenched cloisters of
academe>