[jhb_airlines] Re: Autopilot APPR HOLD problem

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:43:27 +0100

The real Citation doesn't have an autothrottle. This doesn't stop you adding
one in FS though.. <g>

There are many ways to write XML gauges for aircraft and no specific code
can be regarded as definitive. It is therefore possible to write code that
produces the required effect but may not be recognised by other FS add-ons -
including the GF units. PMDG are the worst offenders here having manipulated
their gauge code in such a way that it renders the GF units totally useless.
There are other offenders to.

I've come across autobrake code which is non standard before so it may be
likely that PF have created their own autobrake facility which uses
undocumented calls in FS to work. I can't be sure about this without looking
at the code but if the GF unit doesn't work then it is likely. The GF units
actually obey all the documented codes provided in the FS2004 SDK so if
there is a problem it's likely to lie with the aircraft gauges rather than
the GF units.