[jhb_airlines] Re: Autopilot APPR HOLD problem

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 05:36:45 +0100

The problem with designing a flap gauge is that you have to specify the
number of indents. No problem if it matches the aircraft's cfg file but it
produces oddities when the aircraft has different settings. What I think
happens is that the aircraft.cfg values are read by FS. In this case you
will have one redundant flap position which you might reasonably assume
comes at the end of flap selection. This sometimes isn't the case so it may
be best to check visually..

I had this situation on another aircraft when trying to adapt a non standard
panel. Flaps 1 worked OK, Flaps 2 did nothing, Flaps 3 and 4 worked fine. I
just had to remember that I had to press the button twice for second stage
flaps.

When a mismatch like this happens you can easily change the aircraft.cfg to
get flap selection to match the lever but this is usually incorrect. It's
better to get the flap lever to match the aircraft but this is not an option
on old GAU files and a tad messy with XML.