[jhb_airlines] Re: Autopilot APPR HOLD problem

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:42:19 +0100

bones

Update re MCP and autothrottle. It appears that the Citation (and the default Lear) does not have an autothrottle switch. Consequently, when I press the appropriate button on my P8 and it lights up, it doesn't actually activate anything. Therefore perhaps it's logical that it is impossible to activate IAS/Mach hold through the GoFlight MCP .... but it can still be activated using Ctrl+R. What is the arrangement in the real aircraft - do they have autothrottle? Other FS 2002 default jet aircraft work OK with P8 autothrottle allowing IAS/Mach hold.

Also I find that the Disengage switch on the MCP does NOT disengage autothrottle even though this check box is selected in GF config.

A further point. I have set one of the RP48 rotary switches to operate autobrake. This works OK with the default jets which are equipped with it but unfortunately doesn't work with my F70/100.

Rather hit and miss.

Mike L

Bones wrote:
First thing to suspect is the panel because it suggests the autopilot gauge
it uses may not be working properly. If it works in other aircraft but not
the C550 then it may be the interaction between the panel and the
aircraft.cfg file. In my copy both the autopilot and autothrottle are
flagged as available.

Check the MCP options in the GF Module. You should have two radio buttons
which enable/disable autothrottle with AP activation. I don't actually use
this myself as there are times when I want to keep AT active when flying
manually and so I have one of the T8 switches set for AT engage/disengage.
This works perfectly well. The command you want is called AP_AUTOTHROTTLE.