[jhb_airlines] Re: Autopilot APPR HOLD problem

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 19:29:27 +0100

bones

I'm afraid I don't know what it is I'm looking for in the panel and aircraft.cfg files ...

Panel.cfg contains the line -

gauge37=fsd_generic.ap.appr,  213,517,20,23

which suggests to me that there should be a working APPR_HOLD function.

As regards the GoFlight autothrottle, I have disabled the "arm when CMD is activated" option. But I cannot get the IAS/Mach hold to work from a P8 button. The appropriate P8 light comes on but it doesn't activate the IAS/Mach hold (yes, I have designated the correct function in GF config). I can only get IAS/Mach hold to work using Ctrl+R. Any ideas??

Going back to the Cessna Citation specifically, I found the following in aircraft.cfg -

[Reference Speeds]
flaps_up_stall_speed=77.0      //Knots True (KTAS)
full_flaps_stall_speed=80.0    //Knots True (KTAS)
cruise_speed=262.0              //Knots True (KTAS)
max_indicated_speed=350.453125
max_mach=0.75

Surely flaps up stall speed should be higher than full flaps stall speed?? - and I would have expected both to be 100+ kts.

Confused.

Mike L

Bones wrote:
First thing to suspect is the panel because it suggests the autopilot gauge
it uses may not be working properly. If it works in other aircraft but not
the C550 then it may be the interaction between the panel and the
aircraft.cfg file. In my copy both the autopilot and autothrottle are
flagged as available.

Check the MCP options in the GF Module. You should have two radio buttons
which enable/disable autothrottle with AP activation. I don't actually use
this myself as there are times when I want to keep AT active when flying
manually and so I have one of the T8 switches set for AT engage/disengage.
This works perfectly well. The command you want is called AP_AUTOTHROTTLE.