[jhb_airlines] Re: Autoinstall GRRRRRRRRRRRR

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:26:36 +0100

I'll have to admit that I have never been a great fan of the GS UK2000
scenery. The problem isn't with the scenery itself but with the stupidly
designed installation interface that doesn't allow you to install where you
want and puts a huge number of unwanted files on your system. If you say no
to static aircraft and enhanced scenery areas you still get everything
loaded on to your system.

However I do agree that N. Ireland has been tragically neglected by all FS
designers and it would be very welcome to see someone add Aldergrove, City,
Londonderry, Enniskillen, Langford Lodge and Newtownards to the sim.

BTW I have been talking to Rick Piper and he confirms that the flight
dynamics in FSX have been altered again. Any imported FS2004 aircraft will
require modifications to their .air file. Without this they will still fly
in FSX but will exhibit slightly unwanted behaviour - just as FS2002
aircraft did when ported into FS2004.