[jhb_airlines] Autogen and FSX's UK Coverage

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:13:35 +0100

I've just checked out the VFR Addons site, for recent additions.
The following extract from the News page throws light on yesterdays musings on the autogen in the Horizon photoscenery for FSX.

Gerry Winskill

_*20/10/2006: VFR Addons Library update for FSX and the projects future!*_
With the recent release of FSX and the modified Default.xml file, many of the objects in the VFR Addons library are now working well in FSX however some are not. Any Gmax coloured objects, i.e objects that were not textured are displayed in black in FSX and lights have no visible bulb due to a problem with attach points.

Over the next few months we will be updating the library to correct these problems and we also hope to add more objects to it over a period of time so that it includes even more custom made objects.

FUTURE:
As many of you know, Horizon Simulation are creating a 3D scenery set consisting of general buildings and trees which is designed to compliment the new high definition VFR Photo scenery soon to be released. Many of you wanted 100% tree coverage and Horizons 3D package which is due for release next Easter will do that for you. Not only will the finished tree scape be considerably more accurate in terms of placement than we could have achieved within VFR Addons but the type of trees is also far more realistic too.

With everything that is happening you may be wondering what role there is for the VFR Addons Team?

As good as the Horizon 3D scenery package will be and believe me it will be very good indeed, for obvious reasons it cannot hope to produce custom scenery at a local level which truly reflects reality in the sort of detail many of us wish to see. That can only be achieved by designers who are either very familiar with or who live in there. With that in mind I believe our role rests in creating bespoke scenery scapes, buildings and objects that won't be included in Horizons product. I hope that the design team will continue to produce scenery of this nature using the library and any custom gmax models.

I think the future looks very bright indeed and I hope you all agree and will continue to support the VFR Addons project either by designing scenery or by using the scenery the design team produces.