[jhb_airlines] Re: Autogen Version Of Farmstrips FS9

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:17:12 +0100

Well spotted!

It was deliberate but I forgot to mention it.

Framlingham is odd in that it uses part of a residual WW II airfield's runway. In FS9 I treated it like the others. In FSX the runways sit amidst the usual Default gorges. To correct this I would have needed to ask Tony Meredith to construct a series of flattens. That would have been a departure from the policy applied to all the farm strips; to follow the contours of the land. If the surrounding scenery had been so attractive that I didn't want to lose it, then I might have thought about it. As it is, Framlingham is far less interesting than the sound of its name. So I decided to skip it.

Gerry Winskill

Frank Turley wrote:
Gerry,

Just checked off my list against your readme, can't find Framlingham and Fishburn in your list, or in the files. Are these still to do?

Frank T.