[jhb_airlines] Re: Autobrake Control

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 00:30:05 +0100

That's a good idea. Once you flick the master Switch on in most light
aircraft you get the sound of the gyros winding up plus various other hums.
When you close down after a flight it's always nice to sit there for a while
listening to the gyros winding down again.

I can't recall any aircraft doing this in FS2004 and it's a pity as it would
add a nice touch to the sim. With XML gauge design you can trigger sounds
with gauge events so it should not be all that difficult to have the Master
Switch start a gyro whine that stays running until the switch is turned off
again. However the problem is getting a decent sound file - and don't look
at me because the sound files in FS2004 are fiendish brutes that I don't
understand at all.