[jhb_airlines] Re: Autobrake Control

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:12:56 +0100

Right.
My stick assignments work with the Default Autobrake gauge, which looks quite naff.

The pf10070 Autobrake gauge looks less amateurish but doesn't respond to my yoke commands.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx

Bones wrote:

The autobrakes and speed brake (if set to the armed position) aren't
activated until touchdown. I assume here that something similar to the squat
switch on real aircraft triggers then into action - maybe a touchdown event.
In my case I find that spoilers don't always deploy and remain in the armed
position - maybe my landings are too gentle. <g>

I could easily make a gauge for you if you send me the bitmaps. Before I do
that however I'd like to clear up the question in my mind as to why you
think that the Boeing autobrake is better (or does something) that the F100
autobrake. Have you found that the Boeing autobrake works with your stick
assignments and the F100 doesn't?