[jhb_airlines] Re: Autobrake Control

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 07:36:20 +0100

Well, only 0727 and that's another step forward!
One of my pet hates, being spoiled rotten by having the GoFlight kit, is having still to use the mouse, or keyboard, for anyhing panel related.
The Pushback gauges were a step forward, being less artificial than using Slew in the conventional way but were still mouse activated.
Having cracked the Autobrake problem, I looked at Pushback. I've reassigned my three least used GF Buttons. One is now Pushback; assigned to the NumPad 2 key. The next is Face Left; assigned to the main pad's 2 key. The next is Face Right; assigned to the 1 key. I'd almost forgotten GFConfig's abillity to accept keys ot keystroke sequences.

Oh bliss! "I'm walking backwards to Christmas" springs, inevitably, to mind.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx

Gerry Winskill wrote:

I use the CH Yoke setup and have been trying, without success, to assign one of its keys to contro Autobrake' to avoid use of the mouse.
So far no luck. The Controls Assign menu gives me access to In crease Autobrake and Decrease Autobrake but the assigned buttons, 5 and 6, have no effect on the Autobrake knob.
FSUIPC offers access to Increase Autobrake. Again no effect. I've tried exiting FS9 after the reassignment, then rebooting. No improvemet.
I've long had the adjacent double switch assigned to increase and reuce Cowls, with complete success.

Any ideas folks?

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx