[jhb_airlines] Re: Autobrake Control

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 06:41:06 +0100

The Autobrake situation seems a bit complicated. The PF100700 is littered with CAB files and gauges. The Autobrake is almost the odd man out, being a .gau gauge. It appears to be a working gauge, in that mouse clicks will turn it. My assigned button won't. Last night I chose not to use it but found that, after disengaging reverse thrust the a/c refused to move on, with increased poer. Engaging then disengaging parking brake go me going. It looks as though it may be integrated with reverse thrust and, or, spoilers , lift dumpers. Since it hasn't a CAB file I can't get at its bitmap. If you don't have the Project Fokker a/c, let me know and I'll send you a shot of the gauge, if you wish.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx

Bones wrote:

The Boeing dials are CAB files so you could lift the XML file and plonk it
into a CAB of your own creation along with a bitmap from the F100.

Remind me - does the F100 have a working autobrake or just a static dial on
the panel? If it has a working autobrake why is it necessary to replace it
with the Boeing code?

I've now got the autobrake code from the B737 so all I need is bitmaps of
something you fancy in the F100. All I need is the "plate" showing the AB
panel markings and a reasonable bitmap of the moving switch.

bones

-----Original Message----- From: jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gerry Winskill Sent: 06 July 2005 22:42 To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [jhb_airlines] Re: Autobrake Control

You've got another coconut! Odd; I could get it to react to Increase Autobrake Setting but not to reduce. I can get it to actuate reduce by doing as you suggested. Apart from the F100, which is my heavy metal of choice, for the FPI sessions. I can substitute the controlable Boeing unit but it looks naff, by comparison. Pity I cant get the F100 bitmap to be used by the Boeing gauge. Repeat after me "I mustn't get diverted down yet another alley".

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx

Bones wrote:

Could you map Autobrake to a couple of keys and then map the keys to
the stick?