[jhb_airlines] As Real As It Gets?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:28:36 +0100

I've spent the evening flying between a few Essex farm strips that I've been asked to test. Even allowing for the sticky up farms being fewer than in real life they're still extremely difficult to spot. I've done three and had to have several attempts at each, before spotting the runway and being able to line up and land. The last one, Raynes Hall Farm, was the hardest. After landing and taxiing in I spotted a hovering Robinson. I've used this in my own farms. Hang on, this looks very familiar.
After I'd fired up FSNav I realised why it looked familiar; it was one of mine, Boones Farm.

I wonder how often this happens in real life? Since most farm strips will be very quiet mid week I suppose it might happen without being recorded. In my case I'm not confident I would spot Raynes Farm if I immediately took off for another go. To make it worse there are four fields withinabout a couple of miles of each other; Andrews Field, Boones Farm, Rayne Hall Farm and Stansted. Fancy having to spot the right one without infringing Stansted!
It's definitely easier in FS!