[jhb_airlines] Re: Anyone got a spare copy?

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:35:41 +0100

Title: Message
Bones,

A very impressive collection indeed!

I actually am a bit of a collector anorak myself! I've always kept all of my sims in original boxes with manuals and last year I had some spare cash floating around (if only I'd kept it - doh!) and I went through the entire listing at http://www.migman.com and bought "as new" copies of every combat and civil sim from 1988 - 2005, I actually have a double wardrobe 8 feet high, 6 feet wide and with 5 tiers inside filled with Flightsims and associated addons. I never really went much for scenery but have every stand alone sim as far as I'm aware and, yep, you guessed it, CFS1 is the only incomplete in my collection! you can imagine my frustration!

Alex

P.S - I beat your FS4 as I have  back to FSII on what looks like a big VHS Tape! with 8 diskettes with scenery areas! some of them still in packaging, date on this is 1982.

Its worth noting that some of the older sims, especially the "Janes" collections are actually worth quite a lot of money. A good copy of Janes F-15 or Fighter anthology in box will regularly fetch £50 - £70 on eBay. Falcon 4 with all the manuals will also get up to £50 although with the newer version released last year this has gone down strangely.

Bones wrote:
Can't help here.

I still have originals of all my FS software going back to FS4 and all the various add-ons. Anyone remember Microsoft Caribbean? Then there was the excellent Mallard scenery releases and adventures - Tahiti, Hawaii, Japan, Grand Canyon, Scenery Enhancement Editor, Aircraft and Adventure Factory (from which I made my first FS4 aircraft - a Hawker Hart) and Flight 685 and Rescue 911.

From Sub Logic came the superb Flight Assignment ATP which started the whole VA business off in the first place. The very first VA was called Sun Air which was exclusively for ATP and they kicked off in 1994 on CompuServe's FSFORUM. Noble Air formed in July 1994 and was the third VA to start. Sub Logic also made FS4 software and I doubt anyone will forget the Western Europe Scenery disc, California Scenery set, Great Britain Scenery set or the Hawaiian Odyssey disk with its surreal tunnels, giant kitchens, piano's and sideways Meigs scenery.

I must burn all these onto CD in case the floppies deteriorate.

Sorry but no combat sims. Hate the things.