[jhb_airlines] Re: Any Suggestions Please?

  • From: Kev Townsend <175@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:28:12 +0000

Gerry

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop about a year ago. I have always found Dell very reliable, reasonably priced though not cutting edge. I am writing this mail on my main machine Dell 450 which has been permanently ON for 12 years, and remains absolutely reliable.

I paid £399 for the laptop including delivery.
I would suggest True Life screen essential for clarity.
2Mb memory for Vista
Home Premium minimum, anything below is sadly lacking.
Add to this an external HD especially if photo storage is a priority.
PCWorld are offering a Tb for under £100 I believe.
A colleague and I bought 250mb drives at the same time for 79€ in Ireland, Mine is working perfectly 12 months later, his has failed due to him not ejecting (just pulling out the lead) If you Google you can find Dell offering laptops cheaper, which have been built but purchase has failed.
(http://outlet.dell.com I think)

I agree about Nortons, Dell offer Macafee but am totally satisfied with Avast (free)

I hope this helps

Kev T