[jhb_airlines] Re: Any Suggestions Please?

  • From: "F FISHER" <ffisher991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 10:46:23 -0000

You can get some decent spec machines now for under £600.00. And the prices are dropping.

A fast video, at least 1 gig Ram and a large drive is essential for futureproofing, you cannot upgrade a laptop as good as a desktop.

Basically the best you can afford, as far as Vista goes, it is a cut down version to fit a laptop, so you won't get the features you do not use.

If it comes with Nortons, ditch it, and get the freebee versions. Nortons is c**p and hogs a machine.

And if it is purely for non games, consider installing Linux.