[jhb_airlines] Re: Any Suggestions Please?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 18:50:40 +0000

He was a builder, so probably started as a brickie. His fingers and the netbook style keyboard might be a bit iffy.

I'm confidently expecting to unwrap an eee901 in the morning.

Gerry Winskill

Mike Lucas wrote:
If he's not going to be running any demanding apps, then why not a netbook like the Asus EEE - about £250. Or the Lenovo S10 Atom N270 for around £300.

Mike L

Gerry Winskill wrote:
A friend has belatedly decided it's time he joined the computer age and asked me for suggestions for a moderately priced laptop. Since I haven't looked at what's available for about 5 years, I thought I'd better ask you lot, wot knows more about these things than I do.

I guess he's not going to want it for more than emails, looking at photographs and, if I can persuade him, the internet.

Any ideas please?