[jhb_airlines] Re: Any Suggestions Please?

  • From: Mike Nicholls <miken5000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 09:59:32 +0000 (GMT)

I bought a compaq around 6 years ago, which I run FS9 on

It ran perfectly for 4 yrs, after which it needed the 3 heatsinks to be
cleaned, and I replaced the hard drive with a 160 gb one ( £45 ) and put 1 gb
extra RAM onboard ( it can take 2 gb ), another £45

Even moderately priced ones ( say £450 ) do not have this amount of RAM or HD
space, but I think that is the minimum you need, even to run FS9, broadband and
maybe some other stuff going on in the backround

I would try and get the best video card onboard that you can, esp if he is
going to run FSX

Basically go for a decent brand ( the Compaq has served me well ), and upgrade
it if necessary, They come with Vista which some people reckon is worse than XP
SP2, I know not

Regards

Mike 214