[jhb_airlines] Re: Another question!

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 04:47:39 +0100

I'd have to read the docs because I really don't know.

I was aware that FSNav always showed a different wind to that in FS
(using SHIFT Z) but it eventually transpired that the MS wind was
incorrect by a factor of 2. Beside this the FSNav wind would show
direction/speed variations that could not be a result of reading set
METAR data so I would guess it reads the interpolated wind that FS
pushes out.

In other words when FS has set any degree of turbulence level I think
FSNav records the actual wind variations being pushed out that make
flying a bit tricky. I suspect FSUIPC also records these actual created
winds.