[jhb_airlines] Re: Another list glitch

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:47:39 +0000

I've had a couple of instances, last night and this morning, of attempts to post failing.

Clicking the Send button produces a message

The Mail Server Responded: 4.3.2AV
System Temporarilly Overloaded, Try Later.

Does this have any bearing on the problem?

Gerry Winskill

astair wrote:

HI Bones

Still here <G>

Yes, I am receiving most of the e-mails (I think).

The problem is that they seem to come in batches, none for a while, then maybe a batch of 25 or so. (for all groups).

I don't know if is a NTL problem or not, but maybe not much worse that others.

Alastair

Bones wrote:

I am continuing to get bounces from all posts. As we send a post out it
obviously goes to all list users but the copies sent to ntlworld users are being bounced back to me as list admin. I suspect this will mean that Mike
and Alastair are both cut off from the rest of us on the list.

We are therefore seeing two problems. One is that some users are not getting list posts at all and the other is that users are getting posts several days after they have been sent. This last fault doesn't just apply to freelist
posts as I have had non list posts arrive very late too.