[jhb_airlines] Re: Another Fine Mess

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 09:31 +0100 (BST)

> Peter - I'm curious why you have stuck with FS9. The patch had quite a lot
> of improvements and was worth the fag of installing (you had to remove the
> No CD hack first).
When i installed the patch - which wasn't hassle really, as i have a No-CD file
for 9.1 as well.  It was the first thing
I changed as I hate software where I have to keep the original precious paid
for disk in the drive - I'm from the old
school of install, backup and file original safely. Same reason i never bought
software that required a dongle to keep
it running.

Anyway I remember thinking that I couldn't see any /obvious/ improvements,
apart from some bridges, so when I did a
reinstall for some reason I can't remember, I never got round to patching it
again. It wasn't high enough up the
priority list I guess.

Tell me a more pressing reason to re-patch than all the other things on my list
and I will.  <g>