[jhb_airlines] Another FSX Foible

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 14:14:05 +0000

In FS9, when faced with slow to clear blurries, the easiest way out was to pause the sim, save the situation as, eg "transit", then re load that situation. When it came back it was sharply defined.

Whenever I try to do this with FSX, at the reload stage, FSX hangs. It's not even possible to shut it down, that can only be done via Task Manager, which reports it as "not responding".

Worse, when closed down by an outside agency, the next restart produces a message that the modules bridge isn't working, which means GoFlight kit won't connect. The only way out of that one is to reboot the machine.

What, I always wonder, happens to the many FS users who neither belong to lists like this one, nor visit forums? Do they just chuck it in a drawer and take up knitting?