[jhb_airlines] Re: Another FSX Foible

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:26:59 +0000

Frank,
Before I managed to get my instrument panel monitor working I had to resort to the minipan. I used one of the existing Autopilot gauges in the FSX minipanel with no problems. Since I was using the TripleHead, I moved it to the right end of the right side monitor, so as not to obscure the runway; extending the length of the minpan window to make it possible.

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 13/11/2006 09:02:04 GMT Standard Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx writes:

    The fact that many of the guges are located in the aircraft's Panel
    flolde suggests they may be aircraft specific. Probably confirmed
    by the
    fact the G1000 speed ribbon incorporates a red sector that can't
    be the
    same for all aircraft; something I'll take a closer look at. Could
    the
    problem of two values being missing, when it's used with an FS9
    aircraft
    be due to  the string that calls up those two values being
    different in
    FSX from FS9?

    Gerry Winskill

My reason for getting into gauge design was a wish to view the scenery, and I found that by adding gauges to the MiniPanel I could enjoy the scenery and get enough information on screen to allow me to fly. Up until now I've been able to do this with a common set of customised gauges, albeit with adjustments for screen resolution differences in the panel.cfg file. I'd rather not be writing individual gauges for each aircraft type if I can avoid it, but I think that for more complex functions like the autopilot I may have to. Frank T.