[jhb_airlines] Re: Another FSX Foible

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 04:09:40 EST

In a message dated 13/11/2006 09:02:04 GMT Standard Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx
writes:

The fact  that many of the guges are located in the aircraft's Panel
flolde suggests  they may be aircraft specific. Probably confirmed by the
fact the G1000  speed ribbon incorporates a red sector that can't be the
same for all  aircraft; something I'll take a closer look at. Could the
problem of two  values being missing, when it's used with an FS9 aircraft
be due to   the string that calls up those two values being different in
FSX from  FS9?

Gerry Winskill

My reason for getting into gauge design was a wish to view the scenery, and
I found that by adding gauges to the MiniPanel I could enjoy the scenery and
get  enough information on screen to allow me to fly. Up until now I've been
able to do this with a common set of customised gauges, albeit with adjustments
 for screen resolution differences in the panel.cfg file. I'd rather not be
writing individual gauges for each aircraft type if I can avoid it, but I
think  that for more complex functions like the autopilot I may have to.

Frank T.