[jhb_airlines] Re: Another FSX Foible

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 12:54:43 +0000

Not the simple approach. I had a panel bitmap for the APM20, which I modified further, so it could accomodate the G1000. With this, since my APM20 has a variable pitch prop, I included the Left Side from the Mooney, which also has variable pitch. I'm assuming they are called Left Side, despit sitting on the right side of the G1000, because they are the left side of a second GF1000; though that's beside the point.. I don't use the knobs from either side, since these are controlled from my GoFlight units.

Another approach I'll try is the Alias, though that won't help me directly. I'll make a copy of the whole C172 file, change its name, alias my APM20 to that and see if it works. If it does then I'll try replacing the original background bitmap with the one from my APM20. Not as complicated as it sounds. Slight delay whilst I go out for the second topless run of the day.
Reporting back later.

Gerry Winskill

Alex - Reheat.org wrote:

I'm rather on form this morning <G>

FOUND IT!

Were you simply copying the panel.cfg over Gerry? The G1000 units in FSX are made up of 3 main parts... "Left Side" - "PFD/MFD" "Right Side"

The middle being the screen and the side panels the ones with all the nobs on. For the left hand side bits at least some of the controls are very specifically tied in to aircraft functions so there is a model of the left panel for each aircraft it is fitted with, for example "MFD Baron LeftSide.xml" is obviously for the baron and is connected by such strings as "ID=Baron_Engine.inc" So it seems this is what is stopping a particular config from working.

What looks like it will have to be done is someone go through and change all the dependencies to generic aircraft outputs rather than specific ones. 5 minutes in dreamweaver using "find and replace" should do the trick!

Alex

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Again, life ain't simple!

If I alias my APM20's panel to the C172's G1000 panel, it picks it up and the panel works. I'f, OTOH, I copy the Panel.g1000 across to the APM20 and relabel it as Panel, then it's present but has the same faults as my hybrid panel exhibited.
So, there has to be a link to the FSX aircraft. Why?????????