[jhb_airlines] Re: Another Diversion

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:45:24 +0100

Another gauge, also within the PF100 Panel package, is CRJ_REF.cab, by Mike Worley.
This looks more attractive and has pages for Pre Takeoff, Cruise and Landing. Looking into its .xml file, the approach to the V number calcs seems less sophisticated, as follows

V1 at Flaps  8    (Tot Wt / 500) + 42
V1 at Flaps 20   (Tot Wt / 556) + 41

Vr at Flaps   8   (Tot Wt / 500) + 47
Vr at Flaps 20   (Tot Wt / 556) + 46

V2 at Flaps   8   (Tot Wt / 625) + 78
V2 at Flaps 20   (Tot Wt / 556) + 55

Landing
Vref at Flaps  0    (Tot Wt / 610) + 96
Vref at Flaps  8    (Tot Wt / 610) + 84
Vref at Flaps  20  (Tot Wt / 641) + 83
Vref at Flaps  30  (Tot Wt / 610) + 74
Vref at Flaps  45  (Tot Wt / 610) + 66

I can't find a logical thread here, particularly since the max gross wt of the CRJ600 is about 45,000 lbs.

Any shafts of insight?

Gerry Winskill gwinsk@xxxxxxx

Gerry Winskill wrote:

For UK FPI flights I often use the Project Fokker F100. One of the gauges accessible gives the V1, Vr and V2 values. It also links them to unacceptible flap postitons, etc. Better yet, it offers the option of call outs.
A quick check shows it to be a CAB file gauge. Looking at the .xml file reveals it's designer is Doug Dawson and that he has inserted instructions on how to make bespoke versions, specific to other aircraft types.
Quite a small gauge but a complex .xml file.
I may be gone for some considerable time. Who was it started off this need to look into .xml gauges................

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx