[jhb_airlines] Re: And Now For Something Totally Different

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 08:11:03 +0000

Gerry

I'm not familiar with what you call 'the usual Windows popup' when browsing one web site and switching to another. What does this popup say, and which program generates it? Presumably you have examined what programs may be different/not installed on your laptop, which doesn't give your popup problem.

Mike L

Gerry Winskill wrote:
This, my old, machine is linked to the ether via a router. Linked to it, via the router, is my new machine. I also have a sometimes used laptop, linked to the router via a wireless adaptor thingie. With email I have no problem on this machine; Thunderbird is connected full time. When looking at websites on this machine I'm often prompted, by the usual windows popup, to make a connection. Sometimes I ignore it and everything works. If I'm on one site then try ro get to another, up comes the popup. Sometimes a second connection just can't be made.

If I try the same thing via the laptop, none of these popups, it just works the way it should.

Any ideas gratefully received.