[jhb_airlines] Aircraft updates

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:01:02 +0100

Two topics here.

DH82 Tiger Moth
===============

I hope this is now finished after the latest round of mods. The aircraft can
be downloaded from the DH82A page at
http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/04fs/aircraft/dh82/DH82_FS2004.htm

Those of you who grabbed the test aircraft a couple of weeks ago don't need
to download the 9Mb file. The subsequent changes have been with the cfg
files and the panel bitmaps so I have bundled these files (only) into a
smaller 2Mb zip for you to grab. I will leave this on site for a few days
for everyone to get and then I'll zap it.

I'd appreciate comments on the final work just in case something comes to
light that I've missed. In the meantime I will start on the floatplane
version.

PCF AI Aircraft
===============

Completed, tested and (in some cases) flown are the following PCF AI
aircraft:

Beech 1900, Beech58, Cessna 172, Dash 8-300, Falcon 2000, Fokker 70 and
Fokker 100.

These are now available in a single zip which you can grab from:
http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/jhb/OnLine/JHB_AI_Repaints.htm

Go right to the bottom of the page for the link. The PCF_JHB.zip file is
3.5Mb.

Just unzip the files into your FS2004/Aircraft folder and it should create
the PCF folders automatically. A few points to note before you start:

1. In the case of the C172 it should add the JHB sub folder to the existing
aircraft but you will be prompted to overwrite the aircraft.cfg file. I have
not included the existing PCF C172 files so I hope you have it on your
system.

2. Once installed you need to ensure that next time you start PCF you
remember to press the update library button (or whatever it's called) on the
flight plan menu.

3. I have not edited the .air files for these aircraft to make them
disappear from the FS2004 aircraft listing. They will all show up under the
manufacturer of "FS Pilot Club".

4. Despite being low poly count aircraft specifically made as AI some of
them actually fly very well as "proper" aircraft. For all of them I took
off, flew a wide circuit, coupled the AP for an ILS approach, uncoupled on
short final for a manual landing and then flew a manual circuit. The Dash 8
and Beech 1900 are especially nice to fly with the Falcon 2000 being a close
third. The Falcon lost a brownie point because it suffers from glideslope
dive but it is otherwise pleasant to fly.  The Fokker 70 and 100 should be
left just for AI as they are not nice to fly. Both suffer from chronic roll
rate (except when on AP) and both fail to lose speed on approach. Stick to
the PF models. I didn't try the C172 or Baron as I suspect these are
actually the FS default aircraft - the texture sets are identical anyway.

For now I think that should give us some variety for our PC sessions.. As we
get to use the system I am sure any further gaps will come to light.

http://fsaviation.net