[jhb_airlines] Re: Aerial photographs

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 16:39:53 -0000

I would like to be disproved but I suspect not. Quite a few products now use
digital photo imaging (FS, Memory Map, Google Earth) but the source data
always comes back to two companies. Getmapping seem to be the main provider
of UK aerial photography imaging and sell this onto OS, Memory Map etc.

Satellite data is used by many programs. I was going to quote Google Earth
here but GE actually uses data from a mixed variety of satellite and aerial
sources. I guess it may be possible to find free satellite data - I've been
hunting around on Google for a while now and not really coming up with any
useful answers. Trouble is the data may be of lower resolution that you may
want and not be current.

http://woodair.net