[jhb_airlines] ActiveSky

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 14:15:26 -0000

I tried this earlier but I don't think it worked. Apologies if you already
received it.

Users of ActiveSky will probably know by now that a new version has just
been released. This is excellent work by the AS team as they have produced
no less than four major upgrades in the last year. ActiveSky2004 had
replaced ActiveSky wxRE but in Oct 2004 AS2004.5 was released. In June 2005
this was replaced by ASV and, when we thought things couldn't get better,
they added the Flight Environment texture sets to the product and gave us
ASV/E in October 2005. That's a lot of development work in a year and I
thought ASV/E was about as good as you could get for weather effects. I was
wrong.

They have now released ASv6 and it yet again shows a huge improvement on
earlier versions. Some cloud screenshots can be found at
http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=171&topic_id=23459
and a set of stunning sunsets at
http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=171&topic_id=23242

What I find incredible is that the upgrade is free for existing users. I
bought AS2004.5 but I've had free upgrades to ASV, ASV/E and now ASv6. That
is really excellent value and I commend ActiveSky for being so generous.

http://fsaviation.net