[jhb_airlines] Re: Absence

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 11:57:11 +0000

Hi Alex,
What a lousy ending to the Christmas holiday!
By strange coincidence, a couple just left our house, having dropped by unexpectedly. I was saying to them that nothing would persuade me to go back to the UK, in view of the way it's changed. It's very sad to have my reservations confirmed so quickly. Even when the insurance pays out it doesn't cover the irreplaceable.
Best wishes,

Gerry Winskill

Alex - Reheat.org wrote:

No doubt will go entirely un-noticed but I shall be absent for a while.

Unfortunately yesterday we returned from visiting relatives over Christmas to find that our house had been burgled and trashed by a bunch of scumbags, over £15,000 worth of stuff taken including all my PC's, servers, cameras etc etc.

Not to mention the keys to the cars in the garage have been taken (they were hidden well..but obviously not well enough) an entirely unique MG has been randomly vandalized with a knife to the panels, they tried to set fire to it but failed thankfully. Not to mention my original paintings of a Spitfire, and one of a lightning (both signed by ex pilots) which they used for target practice with my collection of custom balanced throwing knives, anyway I shan't go on.

I am on my girlfriends PC at the moment and I'm hoping the insurance money will come through in the next 3 weeks...however who knows!

Shant let this spoil my festive spirit though! no point letting the bastards get us down eh? not the British way!

Hope you all had a cracking christmas and will have a brilliant new year!

All the best,

Alex