[jhb_airlines] Re: ATTN: nVidia Users and Spitfire Fans!

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 14:45:13 +0100

Alex

Thanks for the heads-up re nVidia drivers. I have installed and will see if I can confirm your improved frame-rates. I would have downloaded the "English" version (as I have done previously) without your warning to use the international one.

Mike L

Alex - Reheat.org wrote:
Hello!

Two bits of News I thought id update the crew with.

First of all nVidia released some new drivers yesterday which, quite simply, are bloody good. Everyone I have spoken to with a 4 Series and newer has noted both FPS increases and graphical improvements using the new drivers. I personally did a test with all sliders set to max at a default Seattle Intl in the default Cessna. Before new drivers I had 16FPS, after new drivers this went up to 26-32FPS! from exactly the same loaded flight and saved viewpoint!
Also has helped a bit with rounding off some coastline edges ever so slightly.

However, be careful and don't go for the "English" version of the drivers. I did this first and my FPS went down to 6. Re-installed with the "International" version and saw the improvements there. I emailed tech support and got the response that "The English version of the drivers is for USA users only, all others should use International"
I have replied asking why being in "England" I can't use the "English" drivers..... grrrr....bloody yanks!

Secondly, young Eddie Walters at Plane-Design.com has released a simply spectacular Spitfire Mk16 today...Payware but its only £15. Worth every penny, stunning! with electronic version of original Mk.16 pilots notes too! Probably the best represented prop fighter available for FS. As has been verified by 2 separate current Spitfire pilots.

If you have the cash go and buy it, you won't be disappointed!

Also there is an update for that very popular Tinmouse 737 panel for those that use it.

I won't go into the IRIS F-14A release that came out this week (head over there top gun fans!) but AlphaSim have a Gloucester Javelin on the way!

All the best,

Alex