[jhb_airlines] Re: ATOC/FPI problem

  • From: "Tom Isaac" <tgi-alarms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 23:42:21 -0000

Hi Guys,

This is my first posting on your site.
To those of you who have contacted me directly with suggestions about how to overcome the visibility problem - my thanks.
All suggestions have been followed through but, I'm sorry to report, without sucess!
It would appear from your postings and those on the FPI forum, that I am not alone with this problem - it seems to be
affecting a lot of members.
As many of you will know, I am a relative newcomer to FPI and have concentrated on learning the ATC role - again I thank you all
for your patience and understanding when you have had the misfortune of being controlled by me!
Over the last few evenings I have taken the position of EGTT_CTR and been inundated with pilots flying within the UK airspace.
Strangely enough, most of the have been JHB pilots - (I smell a conspiracy here).
It may interest you to know that the current problems also extend to ICP (the ATC client).

I have had situations where:-
All pilots suddenly drop off the screen & the airspace is left empty
Metar updates drop in & out like a yoyo when they feel like it
Pilots pop up on the scope that aren't really there (usually with flight plans that are 24Hrs old)
Pilots are telling me that they are at ALT' XXX and XX miles out when I showing them still on the ground!

All very strange and disconcerting but, still enjoyable.

Look forward to meeting up with you all again soon!

Regards

Tom

"Don't worry, get drunk & be happy"