[jhb_airlines] Re: ATOC/FPI problem

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:17 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Interstingly, I have been running a firewall log on my hardware firewall over
the last 24 hours, with it set to email me the log every hour.  It reports
that an external site (not the same one each time) tries to access my PC on
average about every 30 seconds all through the night!!
In spite of this barrage, I have almost no viral or bot problems - just the odd
spyware thingy gets through if I access an infected site, which is either
detected by AVG or Spybot.  Several people have told me that the only really
secure firewall is a hardware one, and i'm beginning to believe them!