[jhb_airlines] Re: ATOC/FPI problem

  • From: Kev Townsend <175@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:53:04 +0000

People may remember that I suffered exactly this problem when starting on FPI.

I have Zone Alarm Pro and refer my current (working) settings below:

1 Go To the "Firewall" Tab.
2 With "Internet Security" slider set to Medium, hit the "Custom" button.
3 On the "Internet Zone" Tab, "High Security Settings" - ensure "Allow broadcast/multicast" is ticked.
4 Farther down (bottom 4 options before "Medium Security Settings") Allow In/out UDP and TCP Ports -
I have - 80, 1035-1500, 15000, 15201, 15400, 15810, 15850, 16850 in all 4 registers (Cut this and Paste)

This will allow all FPI info In and Out!, obviously Port 80 is for other things (ftp upload etc)

I have also taken the precaution of blocking ports 1-79, 81-499, 501-1035, 1501-1700, 2000-9999, 20000-65000 in both UDP and TCP in the Medium Risk section.

I hope this hlps

Regards for the New Year to all.

Kev T

At 16:53 12/27/2005, you wrote:
I have been trying to help a newcomer to FPI, Tom Isaac (G-TOMI), get his setup sorted out so that he and other pilots can see each other. Tom has been "lurking" on FPI for a few weeks now, both as a pilot and a potential ATC, but has been unable to participate fully because of mutual invisibility. I have spent a frustrating hour online with him this afternoon trying to get to the bottom of the problem but without success. We can each see the other's radar echo on the FPI TCA screen, but no aircraft or tag on FS. FPI voice is fine too.

I have a hunch that the problem could be related to Tom's firewall settings, but he uses ZA - with which I am not familiar. His other important system specs are - Win XP + FS2004.

Anyone out there with any bright ideas? If so, please contact me in the first instance and I'll put you and Tom in direct contact.

Mike L