[jhb_airlines] Re: AAAAAAARG!!!!!!!!!! Yet Again

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:30:06 +0000

It may be like a couple of other Paypal funded recent purchases. Despite withdrawing the sum from my account the same day, by direct debit, Paypal told the supplier my cheque would take a week to clear. At the end of the week they sent him an Echeque, which gave the supplier the excuse to wait a further week, until that cleared. So much for the speed of internet trading. Another downside I've experienced is suppliers who, though paid by credit card, don't hold stocks and don't order from their suppliers until they have the cash. This always seems to me to be a sign they have cashflow problems. I recently bought a couple of dessicant Drybags, from the Halfords site. They took a month to arrive, despite paying by Visa.

OTOH, yesterday I ordered a couple of present destined car products, from the Renovo site. Ten minutes later I received an email to say the goods had been desptched!

Gerry Winskill

Paul Reynolds wrote:

Has it not arrived yet?

If you've received your paypal notification of the monies transferred then
chase it up, my order took less than an hour!