[jhb_airlines] Re: AAAAAAARG!!!!!!!!!! Yet Again

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:26:46 +0000

Alex,
Thanks for the info.
In a way I'd hoped that a solution on the Pete Doson forum might be the answer. Ap[parently corruption of Simconnect is a known FSX issue. I followed the steps to repair it but no help. I'd suspected it wouldn't be because FS9 is also affected and doesn't, as far as I know, use Simconnect.

It's also the case that, since trying to run the so far unregistered WideFS, the usb socket lights are unlit, on a couple of power hubs, though the power light is on. The GF Autopilot works but that doesn't route via a hub.

I've also just moved the Pedal connector from a hub to a front USB2 port and that's now active.

All of which suggests yours is the correct solution.

Could it have been caused by attempting to run the WideFS, from the networked machine?

Turning to your server solution, is it possible to avoid the effects of finger trouble by using the XP disk to do a repair?

Gerry Winskill

Alex - Reheat.org wrote:

Hi Gerry,

It is quite common for the USB controller to become corrupted in XP, however most users dont normally notice it as they just unplug, put it back in and it works again. However with multiple input interfaces this doesnt always work.

I would recommend re-installing the USB drivers, these are stored in your i386 folder in XP (or on the disk depending on your install options) To uninstall first you'd need to go into the device manager and find your USB controller(s) and uninstall from there (preferable in safe mode)

Worth trying, I normally end up doing it several times a year as I often put any combination of devices in different ports whenever I plug them in (a big no no in XP as it assigns a driver to a specific port for a specified device)

All the best,

Alex

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Suddenly, in either FS9 or FSX, my GF yoke, pedals and some of the other switches don't seem to be working. I've tried a Restore, to a couple of days ago. Fearing the installation, but not registration, of FSUIPC 4 and WideFS, I've uninstalled them. The only other thing that I can think of is that the USB connection route is corrupted. Is this possible?